July 2010′s Member of the Month has shown us all how time management, hard work, and consistentcy all come together to achieve the desired results. Danae goes above and beyond proving her commitment to not only bettering herself, but also to contributing to the lives of those around her. Her consistency in showing up on a weekly basis, with a positive attitude, and a strong desire to learn, has caught the eyes of the coaching staff and the other members. She’s never too tired, even after routinely finishing first in her workouts, to cheer on and encourage those working out with, and often chasing her.
- Favorite skill: Pull ups.
- Most improved skill: Snatch.
- Favorite WOD: “Angie”.
- Least favorite WOD: “JT”.
- Favorite lift: Push jerk.
- Least favorite lift: The Clean.
- Primary motivation in doing CF: Become stronger and stay fit after my gymnastics career was finished.
- Definition of success: Success is… accomplishing a goal you have set or a team has set by putting anything and everything into achieving it.
- Long term goal for CrossFit, or outside of CrossFit: Keep up with crossfit workouts while at college, and join a CrossFit near Mizzou if I like it. A long term goal would be to maybe compete in a year or two at a sectional qualifier because I know it would be a great experience.
- Three words that describe how you feel during/after a WOD: Accomplished, fit, exhilarated.
- Favorite outcome of participating in CF (gaining friendships, strength, etc.?): There isn’t just one thing that makes the outcome of CrossFit awesome. It’s the combination of the great coaches, community, self motivation, and brutal wods that make CrossFit the perfect place to be.
Great Job Danae!